Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Wallowing

It's not that I don't like you.

It's not that I don't want to see you, or be with you, or hold you, or kiss you, or touch you.

It's not that my feelings have changed.

It's me.

It's always me.

I woke up this morning and decided I didn't want to see anybody. I woke up this morning and created a mess of problems in my mind that I could sift through just enough to give me an upset stomach and the pangs of a migrane on the left side of my head.

I lied to you.
I don't have to work.
I don't have any conflicts.
I don't have pressing matters or things standing in the way of our plans tonight.
I am not sick.

I am in the way of my own self.

So, I spend the evening alone over coffee and a stale sandwhich. I type this up before retreating to the last row of a theatre to listen to the strings pluck out the tunes from songs such as....
OUR BODIES ARE THE GUILTY ONES
TOUCH ME
and
WOUNDED.

I am may not be good at much when it comes to love and peace, but I certainly know how to wallow with the best of them.

It will all blow over tomorrow.
As it always does.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Common bond.

goblinbox said...

It's fine to take some space. It's fine to not want to be with the one you love each and every time they indicate that they expect you to be. It's fine to stay home alone and eat a sandwich, and go to the theatre alone. It's fine to say no, and if necessary, it's fine to lie to get a little space to yourself.

Anonymous said...

Yep. It always does.