Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Legends

The night is bitter.

Maybe there is only a whisper or a trace of me left in your memories. IF this is true, I am still grateful.

Maybe time really does heal all wounds. If THIS is true, I am happy.

Maybe the wounds are still there and they just get easier to live with. IF THIS is true, I am tolerant.

The stars have lost their glitter.

Maybe it was obsession. Maybe it was unhealthy. If this is TRUE, I will strive for growth and change.

Maybe it was authentic and an unexplainable desire, connection and chemistry that I can't seem to erase. If this is true, I won't apologize for it.

The winds grow colder and suddenly your older.

There is no denying that Judy is a better singer than Rufus. But, the bravery he showed when climbing atop the legendary Carnegie Hall concert of Judy's is, well, just that-Bravery.

And all because of the man that got away.

It took courage for me to say and do all the things I have said. From here all the way back to Carnegie Hall. The good, the terrific, the bad and even the ugly. I am saddened by the turn of events.

Ever since this world began,
there is nothing sadder than.
A one-man woman
looking for the man that got away.

No comments: