Tuesday, October 10, 2006

SIGNS (Post #3)

May 1997
Only a few short weeks after my arresting token debacle was the end of the year party for my college. I had completed my freshman year. There was beer, pot, dancing, and sexuality flailing about and crashing into one another on the dance floor. Proud boys approaching me. Knocking on my closet door. Asking me to join them on the dance floor. I denied them all the while brushing their shoulder, hand, thigh before returning to the next girl in line to disguise me.
Later that night, in a drunken attempt to use the public bathroom in my dormitory, a cowardly boy found me in the dark and bravely made his descent into me. It was a crash landing. I survived. But, with injuries.
I awoke on my stomach. My cheek was drenched in my own saliva. I pulled my pants up and looked in the mirror. I left the 2nd floor bathroom with baggage.
What kind of sign from the universe was this?

1 comment:

goblinbox said...

What?! Doesn't sound exactly consensual.