Saturday, July 14, 2007

Climbing Up Hill

The meadow is filled with men. Shirtless, frisbee-throwing, cargo-sportin', mostly heterosexual, metro MEN.

It's astonishing. Every summer my first time in the meadow is like the first time ever. I still can't believe this many beautiful bodies exist and that they are all here on a weekend tossing a ball, reading a book, massaging their girlfriend's feet.

When did straight men get so pretty, and so fit, and so primped? 13 year old boys have 8 packs. 40 year old men have cum gutters and shaved pecs. I take my shirt of with a studied nonchalance I have grown so good at tossing around. I look down and see empanadas and beer, ben and jerry's and skittles, pancakes and whole milk in my coffee. And that's just what I see when I look at my stomach.

2 comments:

Sojourner (You Can't Handle the) Truth said...

LOVING YOUR BLOG. it was indeed great to meet you yesterday. and sweetie, let me be honest-- you don't need to be afraid to take off your top!

but yes, 13 year olds with 8 packs.... like Harry Potter!

goblinbox said...

LOL!

I mean, yeah. Whole milk! *cackle*