Thursday, July 26, 2007

I Shall Scream

It will happen when I least expect it. Probably awakened by a dream or I will have lost my keys. And in that panicked moment, It will grow inside me like a whistle tone that only the bats inside my stomach can converse with. Then it will rise up to my chest with a rumble like a train. It will pound at my heart like the big bad wolf. Finally, it will take up residency in my throat bouncing off of my chords and my tonsils and my glands and my pipes like a pinball wizard. But, when I open my mouth hardly any sound will come shining through. Because, my true colors aren't always vibrant and full. Because, instead my mouth will hang open and my eyes will squint closed and drool will fall from my mouth which will seem separate from my body. But, the scream will be heard. Not around the world. But, it will ring and echo inside my head.

No comments: