Friday, January 11, 2008

Did you get my text?

One should think that over time and experience you would get better at the waiting game that comes with the dating game.

I suck.

In an age of instant gratificatoin and constant communication, we are so used to rapid response. But, I hereby declare never to text again. Let me be more specific. I will, from this point forward, no longer communicate with a boy I am interested in via text until it is undoubtedly clear that feelings are mutual, affections reciprocated, and committement is the goal.

I say that today...then he will text me tomorrow or Sunday and I will crush all that I claim to stand for, out of sheer relief to hear from him, and widdle my thumb and pointer on my keypad in an immediate response.

OY! Men!

1 comment:

goblinbox said...

Hear hear. Oy men indeed.