Tuesday, January 10, 2006

"Girl" Crazy. . .

Any given night at any given gay bar.

GAY #1--"Girl, waaz'up?"

GAY #2--"Nada mucho. You look fierce! So glad you called me. I was just sitting at home pacing the floor from the bump I did after the gym. Soooo bored."

G#!1--"Honey, please. Tonight is the booze bustin' ball baring night at the slip-n-slide lounge. It's all the rage. DJ Macho Camacho is spinning."


G#2--"OHMIGOD! That bitch takes it home. She knows how to last! I, like, totally forgot about Mondays being the new Fridays. Thank god I did a bump girl and not a whole line. And praise the queen that Hector, that bitch, was still awake at noon when I text her for new supply."

G#1--"Have no fear queer, that girl never sleeps. At least not at her own apt. She's either up up and away or whoring with some other girl from the day before."


G#2--"Read her, girl. Read it!"

G#1--"AL'right? Shiiit! You know her. She crazy-wild and shit! But, I love her."

G#2--"That's right, girl! Gotta love her!"

G#1--"Wanna bounce?"

G#2--"Girl, give me one hot minute to say hi to my girls. Tonight, Miss. Thang is bartending, I can't be in this place and not check with her. I'll meet you out front. Get a taxi too, cuz this girl's feet is tired. 3 hours cardio, bitch! WOOORRKK!"


With the exception of "bitch" and maybe a few "queens", the words 'girl', 'sister', 'she', and 'her', are obscenely over used in the gay community. I know that I have used them before. I try not too, and I have rationalized that I only use them when I am making fun of those who do, or to placate someone and fit it in around one who is over using them. It was then pointed out to me, by a heterosexual female, that the homosexual use and or adoption of these gender specific words could really be a step back. It could be that the one's who appear to be "having it all" in the gay community; the ones Girlin' and Twirlin' it up and using these words the most, are really the one's holding us back.

Moreover, the use of the words in mixed company; mixed social groups rather, should be unacceptable. (Unless for major emphasis in a joke or telling of a story, then anything goes for a laugh!)

Non-gay people can't use fag. Men shouldn't be using cunt. Non-black people can not use N----r. AND, gay people shouldn't be able to use "SHE!" Take it back girls. Real girls with real vaginas that is.

In the constant struggle for acceptance and equality (in any gender/racial/sexuality group) we are always ultimately divided. Those who bring us down. Those who work to raise us up.

Of course, this is not news to most anyone reading this. Right, girls?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a little sad that I'm just another "hetero sexual girl" in your life. :(