Monday, July 17, 2006

Don't Cha'?

Don't you want to see me naked? To see if I live up to your standards. To see if I will look good/right/whatever-enough to maintain it...with you. Isn't that what's important? Longevity. Of sex. Of the body. Of the attraction.

Don't you want to kiss me? To see if I use too much tongue. To see if I follow AND lead. Don't you want to know what I taste like? Don't you want to know if it's compatible? IT being the kiss. Isn't kissing amazing? Are you afraid of it's impact? Don't you want to know how the kiss will hit you? So you can take a step forward/aside/...back.

Don't you want to hold my hand? To see if it's strong. To see if I know which way to intertwine our fingers. To see if it happens without effort. Or, are you afraid of hand holding because you don't need to be lead, followed, tugged in any direction?

Don't you want to just wrap yourself around me? To see if you are giving into the inevitable or turning away from what haunts you. To see if holding me or being held is a genuine desire or if it comes from the origin of loneliness, desperation or a search for safety. What if I am safe? What if I used you? What if you need me?

Don't you want to tell me everything? To see what I think. To see if I can understand you. To see if I will walk away. Isn't that the hardest part? Understanding. One another's shit.

Don't you wished you could hear your heart? If we could, though, would we listen?

Don't you wished it was easy...easier?

Don't you wished you knew?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the kissing subject... yes. it was amazing ;)

Unknown said...

God...just being able to know would be so nice, many battles would be won without fighting. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

I think perhaps this post is a little obsolete at this point?? (A little voicemail box told me)

Jodi said...

ooh.....does that mean it happened? Jodi

goblinbox said...

*grin*