Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Feed Me...Read Me

I am beginning to feel like Audrey 2 in "Little Shop of Horrors."

I want more. I want you to feed my ego. I want you to stroke it. Nice and easy at first and then just pump it until my head swells and you can't stand to be around me.

This attitude rarely comes around. I have never cared much about what people think. I have never cared if people cared. But, sometimes, you do care. Sometimes you want to know. Not the bad stuff, but the good.

So today is one of those days. I am out and about soley for my ego. Looking for someone to say they think I've got it. Someone to say "that's hot!" Someone to say they read it.

This too shall pass, and I will continue to write about nothing and little somethings again and again. With no expectation and especially no ego.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's possible to write without ego. I totally write everyday to get a reaction out of people...to hear what they think about what I wrote...it's ridiculous, but so wonderful! =) Don't apologize for it...

Thanks for visiting my blog, by the way...I'm looking forward to reading more of yours...

Anonymous said...

Not quite, Nikol. A lot of writing is done without ego. Blogging, however, is entirely ego-driven -- at best!

For some selfless examples of genuine writing, check out Annie Proulx, Bob Woodward or -- if you like to supplant ego with absurdity -- "The Principia Discordia" by Malaclypse The Younger.

...not Clem, though. He's all ego -- on this post, anyway. So, if I may:

"YOU GOOOOOO GUUUUUUURRRRRL!!"

;-)

goblinbox said...

Nothing wrong with that. We all do this for the attention just as much as for the catharsis. We're social creatures. Totally normal. So here goes:

YOU FUCKIN' RAWK, BOY!

;-)