Monday, November 20, 2006

A song

The thrill of standing in a pool of warm light and the power of a hushed crowd can overwhelm a performer. But, it was exactly those ingredients that made for an amazing flourish of adrenaline that fed my performance last night.

The song was called "Just Like Magic."

It couldn't have been more appropriate.

Last night was like magic. There was magic everywhere. Magical performances. Magical meetings. Magical laughter, applause, screaming and hollering.

I live in a city that is so full of life and character. I work in a bar with so much talent and creativity. I am a part of a community, at a workplace, in a city that makes me proud and happy.

I am so glad I made it out of my small town life, but more importantly my small town mentality. I could stand on that stage last night and be embraced by my audience, my peers, my friends.

It was not always like this.

"I will not take these things for granted."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fabulous! You certainly deserve it. Sorry I couldn't be there.

Anonymous said...

Me too! Glad you felt this way about that night--you need to feel this way about the city every now and then....no matter what.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were a performer. I'm intrigued...I'll have to go back and read some archives...

goblinbox said...

Congrats on a good show! Feels so good, don't it? *hugs*

ThursdayNext said...

Indeed, we live in the best city in the world; a perfect post for this time of year. Cheers Clem!