Saturday, March 04, 2006

B-O-L-O-G-N-A

This 30/30 Challenge is bologney! I failed again. My two chances to miss are up. I can't fall off the challenge again. I missed yesterday (Fri. Mar 3rd). This was day #8. The saddest part about missing yesterday, is that Fridays are my regularly scheduled work-out day with my training buddy. It happens every Friday. We have only missed one since we began our weekly sessions in January. I just didn't want to go. I didn't feel good. I was tired. I was lazy. I was unmotivated. I also wanted to start preparing for my little OSCAR party I'm throwing on Sunday. When I say 'prepare' I mean clean. This is what I get by challenging myself and having no one to answer to, or keep tabs on me.

I know that I have been working a lot the past ten days. (Not a day off since last Wed. Feb 22) But, I am tired of using that as an excuse. I am also tired of being tired. If I would have just picked my ass up and made it to the gym yesterday, I probably wouldn't be as tired today. If I would stop procrastinating by writing this blog, I could be at the gym right NOW!!

The long and the short of it is this: Last night, after a long day during a long week of work, I was walking home at 4:40 a.m. when I had a sudden craving. I was craving comfort food of the rarest kind. Despite missing two workouts during this stupid 30/30 challenge I placed on myself, I have been fairly healthy in my eating. Not too many carbs. Not too many late night eating. Lots of greens. But, I was tired, cranky, stressed, and a little upset with myself. I needed comforting. I wasn't craving BEN & JERRY's or chocolate. I wasn't craving a LITTLE DEBBIE SNACK CAKE or DOLLY MADISON donuts. I was craving an old-fashioned BOLOGNA sandwich. I wanted bologna with iceberg lettuce and mayo on white wonderbread. The kind of bread that sticks to the backs and fronts of your four front teeth when you bite into it. I also wanted a small, cheap bag of wavy potato chips. Later, while eating my sandwich at home, I would take the top piece of bread off and place a few wavy chips on the sandwich, place the top back on the sandwich, and crunch-crunch may way through my "when I was 10 years old favorite sandwhich."

That is exactly what I did. It took till the third deli to find the classic bologna and the soft white bread. But, when I found it, I ran home with my 50 cent bag of wavys and my comfort sandwich, turned on my DVR-ed episodes of OPRAH, flipped the top off my sammy and crunched myself to sleep.

Now, I will leave you as I need to retreat to the gym for my 30 minutes minimum work-out. Not only does that white bread stick to your teeth, but it sticks to the ribs, and I am having trouble bending at the waist today.

No comments: