Monday, March 13, 2006

Punch Drunk Hate

He beat the two women he was engaged to. I wonder why the marriage never came to fruition?

His parents had knock down drag-out fist fights.

He and his buddies have all punched eachother.

He even knows a gay male couple that have been together for five years. They are "always" at each other with the fists.

He believes it is in a man's hormones.

He believes it is innate.

He believes he can do it.

He is short, bald, and insecure about these things.

He is threatened by her beauty.

He is threatened by her height.

He is threatened by my wit.

He is threatened by my sexuality.

He is threatened by life itself.

He throws a left-hook, a right-hook, a jab to the stomach. He throws my balance off. My masculinity is challenged. I feel like I am a sophomore in high school and I have been thrown up against my locker. He gets my adrenaline pumping. My heart is racing.

He stands.

I stay seated. I feel small but not powerless.

He never literally hits me. I never hit him.

But, he did hit home.

1 comment:

goblinbox said...

There needs to be a place for men like that to go be like that. Because a lot of men? Do want to hit things, which is fine. If there were a place for that kind of shit, they could go do it there and be civilised in public.