Wednesday, March 01, 2006

You make me wanna SCREAM!!!

Day 4 of my 30/30 Challenge....nada! My work got the best of me and I failed.

That hasn't stopped me. I finished day 5 with flying colors in a 90 minute Bikram class. Day 6 I have actually resorted to working out in my office in the basement of therapy. I told the staff I would be in my office on an important phone call that would take about 30 mins. So, I just completed biceps, triceps, shoulders with a bottle of Absolut Citron in each hand (15 mins); pull-ups from a water pipe (5 mins); calf raises on the basement stairs while on a work related call (about 6-7 mins); and belive it or not I ran up and down two flights of stairs a few times until I had completed my remaining 3 mins. Don't believe me? Ask the barback who caught me during two different exercises and stared at me with a "what the fuck?" look on his face.

I refuse to fall off this challenge again. But, I have set some guidelines for myself. These guidelines are based in another challenge I took on last year with my yoga studio. I am allowing myself two misses. Meaning, I can miss two days of working out, but that means I have to do two different sets of exercise on another day within the 30 days. This does not mean that a 90 minute yoga class counts for two days. It means I have to take two separte chunks of time out of my day and two different forms of exercise to make up for the missed day. I am allowing myself only one more missed day.

We shall see....but, I have to tell you, committing to anything for 30 Days is damn hard work! It frustrates the shit out of me, and the "real life" things that are getting in the way make me wanna SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

goblinbox said...

YOU ROCK!