Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Mones

Miss Peppermint is a relatively popular and successful (not to mention gorgeous) Drag Queen in the NY scene. She has been on the cover of HX and NEXT Magazines and has been compared to the one and only RuPaul.

She hosts a talent night at therapy every Wednesday called "Cattle Call!" Tonight during some banter between contestants she told this story.....

"You know what I heard walking down Ninth Avenue last weekend? Besides, 'hey hot stuff!' These guys were saying, as discreetly and growly as possible, 'moans? moans? moans?' I had no idea what they were doin' or sayin'. I stopped. I asked. I found out. They were selling hormones on the street. 'Mones? Got Mones?' They were selling ghetto hormones on the street to trannies. How weird, right? (audience responds with oohs, ahhs, and applause) I got me a whole batch of mones, 2 for $5!"

I don't know if that's a true story or not, I forgot to ask her. Either way it's a brilliant story. I like to think she might have conjured that one up herself.

Mones anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shit. I got enough mones to build a mansion. BTW, I think it is true. On this season's L Word, Alan Cumming's character is a 'mones king pin. Street 'mones are the new thing. I anticipating a New York Magazine cover story.

goblinbox said...

GHETTO HORMONES!!!! O. M. G.